We last updated our booking terms and conditions on 21st November 2022.
These booking terms and conditions apply to all confirmed bookings created on or after 21st November 2022 and supersede all previous versions.
Introduction and references
fieldcottagepeterstow.com (“the Website”) is a website owned and operated by SLB Estates Ltd who shall be referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions.
To make it easier to read these terms and conditions there are a number of further definitions which we use:
- “Deposit” means a deposit of 50% of the total holiday accommodation cost (which includes any “extras” selected at the time of booking);
- “Holidaymaker” means you and each person going on holiday with you on your booking;
- “Owner” means the owner of the Property you book (as we do not own the properties on our Website);
- “Property” means the holiday property you book through us; and
- “You” means the lead person making a booking through us.
When you make a booking through us you are confirming that you and every Holidaymaker understands, agrees and accepts these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully, particularly section 13 headed “Limitation of Liabilities and Legal”.
1. Contract and Booking
When you make a booking through us the contract to occupy the Property is between you and us.
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
The Properties are meant to be used for the purposes of a holiday, and certain group bookings, including for stag and hen dos, may not be allowed unless special arrangements (including the possible requirement for a safety deposit) are made with the Owner.
No bookings are valid until confirmed by us in writing (including by email).
Once a booking is confirmed it cannot be changed by you, unless agreed by us. If we agree to make requested changes to your booking (for example, changing the lead booker and/or the dates of your holiday) you will be required to pay £75 per change.
2. Booking Fees, Deposits, Balance Payments and Holiday Insurance
When making a booking you will be required to pay a booking fee to us which will be clearly identified as part of the overall price you pay. The booking fee is payable for the service we provide that allows you to book a Property.
All bookings are subject to a payment of 50% upon booking. Payment is only refundable if at least 30 days before your stay and will be refunded 100%. Final balance is due at least 14 days before your stay.
We recommend that you actively choose to take out holiday insurance through a third party insurance provider.
We cannot refund your booking due to non attendance in relation to any reason where you are unable to attend the property. This includes but is not limited to illness (including Coronavirus), transport issues or delays, or any other third party issue that prevents you from attending during your booking. You will be liable for the full rental fee of 100% and we highly recommend that you insure your holiday to cover all eventualities.
We reserve the right to cancel your holiday and re-let any holiday where any payment due is more than 7 days’ late. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to any refund.
The booking fee and Deposit are non-refundable unless we are unable to accept the booking the Property is unavailable at the time of the holiday (please see section 3).
At certain times of the year you may be eligible to secure your next holiday with a deposit which is less than the standard Deposit (of 50% of the total accommodation cost). If eligible, we will give you details of any applicable terms before, or when, you make your booking.
3. When we are unable to make the Property available
If we cannot make the Property available to you for your booking we will try to find you suitable alternative accommodation or we will arrange a refund from of all amounts you have paid towards the accommodation cost. We will not be responsible to pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event. Whilst it is rare, there may be an occasion where the property has been advertised as available but unfortunately isn’t available. This may be down to a technical error causing a double booking and should this arise you will be refunded. We will not be obliged to offer the property to you where a full refund has been issued and you agree that we can cancel the contract for providing accommodation and services if this is the case.
4. Guest Cancellations
If you cancel prior to the holiday arrival date you will only receive a 100% refund if this is at least 30 days before the first day of your planned booking. If your arrival is due within 30 days no refund will be given.
The refund will depend on the amount of notice you give us (as agent for the Owner) before the holiday start date.
If section 3 applies you will be entitled to a full refund of the accommodation costs from us. In all other circumstances, the refund will be calculated as follows:
- 30 days or less until arrival – no refund at all
- 31 days or more until arrival – 100% refund
For the avoidance of doubt the booking fees are non-refundable in all circumstances when you cancel a holiday. The Deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances when you cancel a holiday, unless section 3 applies.
If a refund is due we will aim to return the applicable amount within 10 working days of cancellation.
Where a booking has been taken with a deposit which is less than our standard Deposit (50% of the total accommodation cost) and paragraph 3 (We are unable to make the Property available) does not apply, you may be liable to pay the difference between the reduced deposit and our standard Deposit within 10 days of cancelling the booking.
Grace period – If you have made a booking and wish to cancel this due to an error, you can do so by emailing us to request this within 48 hours of making the booking, but only if your arrival time is at least 14 days time away.
5. Holidaymakers’ responsibilities
You will ensure that you and all Holidaymakers will:
- act responsibly and carefully whilst at the Property, abiding by any property specific house rules and leave the Property, and all things in or at it, in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the start of the holiday;
- report to us any damage or breakages made during the holiday occupancy and pay for damage (wear and tear accepted);
- not smoke at the Property nor allow anyone else to smoke at the Property;
- not allow more than the maximum number of people (12 guests) or pets to stay at the Property as stated on the Website;
- at all times comply with any applicable laws and local or Government guidance, and ensure that no Holidaymaker or their guests (if allowed at the Property) or pets (if allowed at the Property) do anything which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance;
- not enter the Property before the stated arrival date and time and will leave the Property before the stated departure date and time (unless you have prior written agreement);
- treat people with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards an Owner, any member of their team, any member of the community in which the Property is situated, or any of our employees, directors, consultants or other party acting on our behalf;
- secure the Property (including all windows and doors) whenever leaving the Property.
We will be entitled to make a reasonable charge where Holidaymakers have failed to comply with these responsibilities. In serious cases, Holidaymakers may have to leave the Property early without any compensation or refund.
6. Our responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- the Property is cleaned and ready for the Holidaymakers by the stated arrival date and time;
- suitable arrangements are made for you to access the Property;
- we treat all Holidaymakers with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards any Holidaymaker at their Property;
- we can be easily contacted (at reasonable times) or will provide you with an alternative first point of contact should you have any concerns or queries during your stay;
- we, and the Property, comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including health and safety regulations);
- adequate liability insurance is in place in respect of the Holidaymakers’ stay; and
- all Holidaymakers will have exclusive access to the Property for the duration of the holiday (although all Holidaymakers will allow us or any representative, including us, access to the Property if reasonably required).
However, we will not be responsible, nor liable to you (or any Holidaymakers) for any events outside our reasonable control, such as the breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, building works at adjacent properties, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or other unforeseeable circumstances.
Dogs and other pets are only allowed at Properties where this is specifically stated in the Property description; additional dog restrictions may be contained in the description where required.
Registered assistance dogs are allowed in all Properties.
If any Holidaymaker has an allergy to dogs, please be aware that we can guarantee that a dog has not stayed in a specific area of the property. We can not accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present in a Property.
The following dog terms apply:
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in or at the Property;
- Any fouling must be cleared up without delay;
- The dog owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in;
- Dogs must not be left alone in or at the Property or elsewhere at any time;
- Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be cleared up before departing;
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the Property. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges;
- Young dogs (e.g. puppies less than 6 months’ old) must be declared to us at the time of booking and authorised by the Owner;
- You will be liable for any damage caused by any Holidaymakers’ dogs. Any damage is to be reported to us immediately. Any additional cleaning required, that may incur an additional charge, will be at the Owner’s discretion.
Pets other than dogs may be allowed at our discretion. This must be approved prior to making a booking and can be arranged by emailing us..
If you break these terms, we (including any representative) we may notify you that you have broken these terms and may cancel the booking and ask that the Holidaymakers leave the Property before the end of the holiday period without compensation, or that they pay an additional reasonable charge.
All prices quoted are not subject to VAT at this time.
9. Literature and descriptions/amenities
We have compiled the information on our Website as accurately as possible. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside our control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility.
We make every effort to ensure that the Property details supplied to us are accurately reproduced and that the pricing and availability of the Property is correct. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and we reserve the right to rectify errors (including any pricing errors) within 10 business days of you making your booking.
Where Wi-Fi is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for leisure, not business, purposes.
Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly common and we want to ensure they can be catered for wherever possible. If you are keeping an electric vehicle at the Property, you must use designated charging points (where available) and manufacturer approved cables for charging any vehicles at the Property. We reserve the right to refuse to allow electric vehicles to be charged if we do not believe, in our reasonable opinion, that it is suitable or safe to do so.
If you choose to holiday in our property, remember that much of its character and charm is due to its age. The main house at Field Cottage was built around 1850 and was built long before the days of damp proof courses and cavity walls so some may show signs of damp, particularly in long spells of wet weather. If you have any concerns, please talk to us at the time of making your booking. Also, please remember that should traditional property features (steep stairs or low beams, for example) be a problem for any member of your party, you must consider and mention this prior to booking.
Please remember that properties in the country do attract spiders and therefore cobwebs. It does not mean that the Property is dirty or has not been cleaned as cobwebs can be spun almost as quickly as they have been cleaned away. Some of our properties, particularly in remote areas, may have a private water supply from a spring or well water, which is regularly tested. In rural areas please be tolerant of the sounds and scents that you may encounter, they are all a part of the countryside experience.
Confirmation should be requested prior to booking if there is any particular detail or facility that is important to you. When you make a booking the Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations in the brochure and on the Website and the actual Property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the Property not conform to a Holidaymaker’s standards.
10. Complaints procedure
If you have any complaint concerning the Property, the matter should be taken up with us (or the local point of contact provided to you in the travel directions) first. We will do our best to resolve your complaint, where possible. It is important to raise any complaint while you are still at the Property.
11. Communication with you and data
As part of a booking we may introduce Holidaymakers to the goods and/or services of third parties. We shall not be treated as an agent for any such third parties, and any contract for the supply of such goods and/or services shall be between the provider and the relevant Holidaymaker.
All electronic data transferred pursuant to these terms and conditions remains our property and may not be replicated in part or whole without our prior written permission. Electronic data will not be preserved indefinitely by us.
13. Limitation of Liabilities and Legal – Please pay particular attention to this section
The contract to occupy the Property is made on the basis that the Property is to be occupied by the Holidaymakers for a holiday (as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 or similar legislation in other jurisdictions).
When making a booking, you acknowledge on behalf of all Holidaymakers that the tenancy granted by these terms and conditions is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
Once you have made a booking there is no “cooling off” period as the contract you have made is for accommodation services for a specific period of performance. You can see further details in the section “When you don’t get 14 days to cancel” on the citizen’s advice bureau website here.
We accept no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, Holidaymakers or anyone they invite to the Property, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
If either you or we fail to comply with these terms and conditions you or we will be liable (only) for losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with the applicable terms. Losses are foreseeable where they were contemplated by you and us at the time you made the booking.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our or our negligence or the negligence of us or our employees, agents or subcontractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the courts of England and Wales.
Payments are made using third party processors such as Stripe and PayPal. You agree to transmit and share your details with these third party processors when making a booking and how your data is held and processed by them will be subject to their own policies. We do not hold your card details directly and do not have access to the full card data held by third parties.
Field Cottage, Field Cottage Peterstow and Wye Valley Holidays at Field Cottage Peterstow are trading names of SLB Estates Ltd. A company registered in England and Wales No: 10545871 Registered office address 49 Station Road, Polegate, United Kingdom, BN26 6EA